February 1, 2018

In Review: Lipsense



I do NOT sell Lipsense. I will never sell Lipsense (or anythign else). That's just me. I have been, however, super intrigued by this product popping up on my news feed, Instagram and everywhere else I look. And since I rarely pass up the chance to try a new beauty item out, I gave it a go and ordered a few from a social media 'friend', and one from Amazon.

So here's the deal. They go on in 3 coats, like paint, and you let it dry. You then seal the color with a top coat lip gloss. I have heinously dry lips, from constantly licking, peeling, and picking them. But despite this, the color still went on pretty well and lasted a long time. The caveat is you have to reapply the gloss a million times a day, but the underlying color itself only goes on once in the morning. You also need an actual makeup remover to get it off at day's end (I used olive oil as they recommended at first, but it didnt work too well, so I got Almay waterproof eye makeup removing pads and use these).

The cons: Not the easiest to apply the first few times, takes practice. Once its on, you're committed to that color for a full day, no changing your color for lunch or dinner dates (if, unlike me, your meals don't consist of you standing over the sink, washing down goldfish crackers with a glass of wine). And it takes a little bit of work to remove.

The pros: Doesn't budge. Doesn't transfer to coffee cups or wine glasses, teeth, or anything else. The gloss feels nice on, they say it moisturizes through the color but I have no idea if this is true or not. And at $25 per tube, its less costly than my favorite YSL which, at $37 a pop, has to be reapplied 100+ times a day, so it adds up. The gloss is $20, and really you'll need several to have on hand at all times. If you don't reapply the gloss, it gets tacky and will start to come off. But in my opinion, still better than having to completely redo lipstick.

So overall, a total hit for me. best colors so far are 'Roseberry' and 'Cappuccino'. I can see not wanting to wear this everyday, when I'm short on time, but generally I will stick with this when I'm going to a meeting, client meal, or the rare date with the hubs (or maybe even while eating those crackers over the sink for dinner to glam it up).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips