August 18, 2017

Thoughts on a Friday




This has been a very challenging week, the kind of week I noted in my last post that is designed to make you grateful for the good days, and shake you out of any malaise you might suffer in your daily routine.


Our amazing neighbors had us to their Rhode Island beach house, and watching Tucker navigate a boogey board on the substantial waves for the first time ever was a moment of joy for both of us.


The 1st grade back to school letters arrived, and the familiar anxiety and panic are washing in like waves in the wake of a small sailboat (for me) while Tucker just wants to be sure I have his dinosaur backpack ready (which I do of course).


A week ago the baby started shimmying across the floor in small increments, and today he races across the room in 5 seconds flat. This is of course amazing to witness first hand (and not have to hear about second hand from a caretaker), but also complicates the delicate work from home stasis both me and Tom balance most days.


I gave up wine on weeknights for health (and to help with those extra 3 pounds I cant seem to shake since having Wells this winter), and by Tuesday this week it had already gone out the window as I filled a glass with a nice, earthy Cabernet to pair with my whole food, low sodium, vegetarian dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the photos from your time in RI. It looked like you had a lot of fun as a family. Hope you have a restful weekend!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips