November 21, 2013

Lists and Look Backs

I vacillate between this 'wish list' making me intensely sad, and tolerably nostalgic. My Dad and I always started Christmas shopping early, partly because my mom's birthday is December 2nd, and my hubby's is the 16th. It always seemed practical to kick the whole shopping season off in mid-November (for my hubby's 30th my dad threw him a dinner for 10 in the private wine room at a steak house we all loved. I did the planning, the invites. The dinner was just for friends, my Dad wasn't even there but the whole thing was very him).  For holiday shopping, my Dad would set the (generous) budget, and I would do the legwork, diligently reporting back to him with my latest finds and then run through the final lists before the holidays fell.

So this year, my heart is half in it, but I will still keep the tradition going with a 'wish list' of sorts.



This clutch (you can't have too many!), monogrammed with recipients initials



A wallet + phone case in one, in my favorite seasonal pattern



One of any of these statement necklaces from J.Crew that I cannot get enough of



One of these amazing reversible leather belts with initial buckle from C Wonder


Anything Bobbi Brown




This timeless David Yurman bracelet, one of my Dad's favorite brands to buy for us for a special occasion

1 comment:

  1. Loving all of these picks, so fab! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday!
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips