August 4, 2014

Work It: Bags

Its been 10 years since I graduated from college and joined the workforce, and in that time, I have amassed quite a collection of bags. Some have been fleeting affairs not worth the high price tag, others are like true love, weathering the years and riding the tides of trend coming out alive. To be a working mother who loves style is to be on a constant quest for the perfect work tote, one that combines function, fit, and fashion seamlessly (and still gets you excited in the morning when its time to head out the door).

Some of my pics that meet the mark:

$ This bag from Ann Taylor is a great everyday bag, sturdy, polished, and just around $100. I have this is navy and have used it countless times this summer.



$-$$ The newly released York Tote from Tory Burch is a great option at a very reasonable price point, in a variety of colors for fall. I purchased mine this summer and am anxiously waiting for September to roll around to use it. It fits a legal brief, gym shoes, and a stack of diapers :)




$$ The Robinson Tote from Tory Burch. Super chic, with a nod to the masculine edge that makes women envy the classic men's briefcase. This also holds its shape when placed on the ground during a meeting, which helps avoid embarrassment while rifling through to find relevant papers as a CFO stares at you.



$$$ The Louis Vuitton Never-full. Still one of my favorites even though more trendy styles have come and gone over the years (and thanks to Bag Borrow or Steal, I have been able to trade some of my less popular styles in for cash!)

$$$$+ Because its always good to have a wishlist, there is this stunner that I will probably never own, but will always love to dream about owning one day.


3 comments:

  1. I, too, have amassed quite the collection of bags since graduating college. Even though I have purchased many new bags, I am loyal to my black leather Coach tote that I have been using since my Freshman year. It has accompanied me on many interviews and 'first days.' It is now starting to shows it age, but I can't stand the thought of having to retire it. I purchased a Philip Lim bag a few months back which will be my new work tote when the time comes. The Tory Burch York Tote is one of my favorites!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Philip Lim Pashley- let me know how you like using your new bag!

      Delete
  2. That's quite a collection of bags you've got there! I have amassed a collection of shoes since graduating college 10 years ago lol! When it comes to bags I get stuck with one and it's hard to pry me away from it. I love all of your bags!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips