June 18, 2014

Lip Service

Since turning 30, I've given up on leaving the house without makeup, or with nothing more than a curl of the eyelashes. Lipstick is a current obsession, and though lip gloss can feel high school, some new formulas are actually easy to wear and add a quick splash of color when your morning routine leaves no time for fuss (as in my adorable 3 year, old who recently refuses to get out of bed until Mommy picks him up, dresses him, feeds him, and then leaves me 10 measly minutes to dress before leaving for work). And as you probably know, I'm a firm believer that buying a tube of lipstick can also brighten an otherwise dreary day (right Christine?)

Bobbi Brown is still my favorite lipstick, and my go to shades are Blondie pink for every day, and plum rose for night




MAC lip gloss is a new must have, worn alone or over lipstick. My favorite shades are Underage and Lychee Lux

MAC Mineralize lip gloss is a few dollars more but lasts a touch longer, and sometimes that is worth the pennies to me

If like me, you are often buying online without time to hit the stores, a helpful tip is to try googling the shade you are thinking of, and hit the 'image results' so see the actual shade on real people to better help you decide. This has saved me from making some bad choices, and helped me pick colors I would not have considered by looking at shade swatches alone.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 18, 2014

    Great picks! Bobbi Brown has been a favorite of mine for years - but I am now completely obsessed with Stila's Stay All Day liquid lipstick. It goes on like a lip gloss, but sets like a lipstick. And as the name implies, it really does last all day! My go-to color is Carina.

    www.livinginsteil.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips