June 27, 2014

Say Bye to Rye



Its been a week, and I am feeling better already. Since deciding to take my doctor's advice and go gluten free and dairy free, I felt overwhelmed at first but now I feel great. Since many of my favorite foods are naturally gluten and dairy free (chips and guacamole, wine, tequila, sushi) it was only challenging when out to dinner with friends and a whiff of pasta engulfed me. Luckily, there is tons of support for restrictive eating (like this cookbook on Paleo eating, which is more restrictive than my diet but very good), social groups, and other bloggers (like Kim at PPF) who, for various reasons, have said goodbye to grains.

So far my favorite recipe that my whole family (and friends!) can eat, and can be prepared in about 15 minutes has been cilantro shrimp and jasmine scented rice:

Ingredients:
1 pound of fresh shrimp
minced cilantro (about 1/4 bunch)
lime
sea salt
jasmine rice
olive oil

Directions:
Poach the shrimp in olive oil (about 6-8 minutes)
Mix cilantro and a few teaspoons of olive oil in a bowl, squeeze juice of the lime
Prepare rice as per package
Toss all ingredients together, add a pinch of salt to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips