January 21, 2015

Beauty 101





Even before I had a baby, when I was a busy law school student, I've always been into my morning routine. I can't really have a good day if I don't step out of the house in a coordinating outfit, and at least some basic makeup. My daily essential are simple but also transforming (ie a night of no sleep, too much wine, or not enough coffee can be camouflaged).

Eyes: Chanel's quad is amazing. I also love the Naked original palette. For concealer nothing beats the tarte color corrector (I wear light/medium).

Brows: I never even thought about my eyebrows until I turned 30. Now I feel like I cant leave the house without at least some pencil. Most days I use the Anastasia double ended brush and their new pomade called Dipbrow to lightly fill and hold my brows in place. This stuff is better than any tinted gel I have ever used.

Skin: tarte's BB is my daily go to, I use Lancome's Teint Idole when I'm going out. For cheeks I love the Naked palette in Flushed, and tarte's cheek tint in blissful. I also like the Nars' The Multiple in Orgasm and Maui. Sometimes I sweep a little Clinique loose powder on top, but in the winter I usually avoid powder.

Lips: Where to begin. My current favorites are either Chanel's all day liquid in Light Rose, or Nars' Audacious formula in Raquel or Anita. On top I will add a coat of Nars' gloss in turkish delight or orgasm. I also like MAC from time to time, but less so since I've discovered the Chanel and Nars Audacious formulas.

Scent: I used to have 8-10 different perfumes on hand at all times. I have pared this down to 3 great options- Ralph Lauren for year round, J.Crew Arquiste No. 31 for fall/winter, and Chanel Mademoiselle for special events (or a day I need a little extra help).

What are some of your daily go-to's?

1 comment:

  1. Great round-up of products! I'm still a loyal Stila user for all my makeup needs. I can't leave the house without my Maybelline Are You Red-dy red or NARS Charlotte deep plum lipstick!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips