September 18, 2013

In Review: Polish

Getting a weekly manicure is a must. Even when I was home on maternity leave, I managed to squeeze in a 20 minute mani session most weeks. It makes me feel clean and put together to have a fresh coat of polish on my hands (especially since most days, I cannot keep away from picking my cuticles and creating unsightly gashes around my nails).

Between washing baby accessories, changing diapers, pounding a keyboard and furiously washing my hands, polish gets abused by day #3 following my visit to the nail salon. Gel looks great til about day 5, but come week #2, I cannot wait to rip it off and get a new color. Traditional polishes look great but just don't stay put for an entire week of work. The new solution I was dying to try: CND Vinylux. It is amazing!!!

My favorite part is it goes on like regular polish, dries fast without any UV light, and comes off with standard remover (no soaking or scraping). By day #7, it was still intact and shiny. My favorite color is Dark Lava ( a deep burgundy) and I also bought Faux Fur (akin to Essie's Mink Muff) which i cant wait to try next week. I highly recommend giving this a try if you're a busy working mom, or just a fashionista who hates a chipped mani.

1 comment:

  1. I do Shellac on myself, but I'm interested in the Vinylux. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Dark Lava is one of my favorite shades, as well!

    Heather
    disposableincomegirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips