October 10, 2017

Stop Selling Me Stuff in a Box




I love reading my favorite blogs when I take a 15 min coffee break mid-morning, after the prior evenings emails are answered (half my job is based in CA where I can never stay awake long enough to respond same day), before I return the numerous voicemail blinking away on my phone. But lately, what the heck is with everyone peddling products?  I have developed an actual aversion to boxes lately, for fear someone will try to sell me a subscription to one, filled with leggings, face wash, tea, weight-loss shakes (gag).

It trickles down from celebrities on Instagram (Im looking at you Lisa Rinna) professing their love for magic tea to flatten your stomach, coordinating gym clothes, boxes filled with more crap you dont need that can be delivered to your door every month, or some other nonsense. But it seems to have infiltrated even the bloggers south of celebrity status, just average women, moms, fashion fans, trying to convince me I just need this {insert item no one really needs} for some innocuous reason and similarly middle market prices, which, over time, would actually accumulate to a significant waste of money.

A swatch of a new shade of lipstick and an honest review of it? Definitely. An artfully done flat lay of someones new fall fashion finds? Please.  But I have a hard enough time buying formula and diapers at Target and trying to resist the craft, clothing and ever expanding stylish home accent aisle. I certainly don't need more crap peddled at me from all angles which I previously sought solace and a brief moment of pleasure from. I have un-followed several blogs recently, and think I need recommendations for sites with more cat videos.


1 comment:

  1. I hear you! After my recent move (where I spent an entire weekend getting rid of all sorts of crap I had accumulated), I am adverse to any type of clutter. And now that I live in much smaller quarters, I am even more conscious about what I allow through my doors.

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips