August 5, 2016

Thoughts on a Friday



Since moving to CT from Long Island in June, I have had a really tough emotional time. Yes, I'm 4 months pregnant and that is challenging but really I underestimated how much I'd miss my friends and the social interaction of going to work at my office everyday. In an effort to pull myself out of this (hormone/moving induced) hole, here are some promises I'm making myself:

      Get outside everyday, even if just for 10 minutes to eat a snack on the patio

      Smile when I feel like crying, until it feels like I mean it

      Read a few pages of my new iBook purchases every week day

      Be extra patient with (and grateful for) my 5 year old

      Cook something new each week using at least a few ingredients from one of the many local farms

      Eat ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! The transition to working from home after you are used to being in an office can be tough. When I left my full-time job last year and started working from my home office, I cried on the first day (pretty much all day). I didn't realize how isolated I would feel. I remedied that by taking a walk at lunch (something I used to do when I worked in an office) or stopping at Starbucks and working from there for a while. Good luck with your promises. It will get better!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips