September 11, 2013

A Fresh Start

Do you ever have those days where you look at your closet, and want to throw out almost everything you see? I won't say I wanted to purge all my clothing today, but I wanted to completely ditch half my shoes and start over. While toe shapes continually change (2000 was all about pointy, eventually that turned to rounded, then came almond, and now we enjoy all 3 on the retail shelves) it can be hard to keep up with my taste that changes as well.

When my husband sees the giveaway bag filling up, he always sighs and imagines an onslaught of purchases to replace the fallen soldiers. However since we spent the last nearly 12 months as a single income household (with yours truly serving that role) I have learned to live leaner, but no less lavishly when it comes to style.


Come fall, I am sick to death of open toe shoes and want nothing more than to wear boots, booties, and patent leather pumps. Luckily I have stocked up on these essentials over the years from brands that can weather the changing styles (and subway commuting of years past). A trip to the shoe repair, a new pair of soles, and some lustrous polish, and my Prada patents look like new. A few pairs from Target peppered into the collection this year to balance my cravings have helped freshen the shelves without flattening the budget. Since now, of course, I am buying shoes for mini feet as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips