April 20, 2016

Cocktail Time





As my college roommate Hayley can attest, I have been a fan of a very unusual drink for many, many years. When my peers were enjoying keg beer or Malibu with pineapple juice (OMG the memories), I was ordering Campari and soda. My dad used to serve this to my mom on Saturday afternoons, so I was exposed to the cocktail at a young age. Though bright red in color, giving the impression of sweetness, the flavor is a crisp,  yet surprisingly tart. If you're looking for a new drink to try this summer, one that tastes as good when made at home as it does when made by the handsome bartender at happy hour, I suggest you try this simple, low calorie treat.

1 part Campari
2 parts club soda (I like to use lemon lime flavor)
1 slice orange or lemon (or both)
ice

Fill a glass with ice, pour in about an once and half of Campari, top with club soda, squeeze the orange or lemon slice, stir and enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to try this drink over the summer. Thanks for sharing!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips