October 5, 2016

Skincare Round Up: Hits and Misses

Its been a while since I talked beauty (perhaps because I'm not feeling  a whole lot of 'beauty' at 6 months pregnant in my home office most days). But I am still a huge fan of products and trying the newest and greatest in skin and makeup. I've added a few things to my lineup over the past few months, and while some are definitely hits, there have been some misses as well.



1. Skin- daytime 

I am a fan of BeautyCounter's Dew Skin ($45) and Tint Skin ($41). I was lured into the cute advertising targeted at me via Facebook, and decided to give Glossier's Perfecting Skin Tint  ($26) a try in the shade light. This my friends was a miss for me. After a few days of barely there color, i started getting huge blemishes in places like my cheeks where I never breakout. I stopped using this right away and they have subsided. I have since read reviewers of the product who experienced the same. So I'd say definitely skip this is you've ever had a breakout.



2. Concealer

We all know I have serious genetic dark circles. I have tried every product known to man, and will continue to do so. For now, I love It Cosmetics Bye Bye under Eye Corrector ($29), layered with BeautyCounter's concealer pen ($32). I tried Glossier's Stretch Concealer when I ordered the skin tint, and sadly this was another miss. It did not break me out, but it dried out any patch I placed it on. Not cute under the eyes at 1pm on a video conference call.



3. Moisturizer and Serum

Clique is a skincare staple for me that finds its way back into my rotation no matter how many others come into the mix. The new Acne and Line correcting serum ($44) is a big hit for me. I layer under the Dramatically Different Moisturizer (gel formula $26) and then add BeautyCounter's Night Cream in the evenings. No breakouts, no lines.



4. Lips

I love the YSL Oil in Stick formula ($37), and the shade Beige Blouse is not to miss for a perfect nude. I have also tried the new Dior 'Addict' Hydra-Gel shine formula ($35) and I like, but don't love it (I am a current fan of the many other formulations). I wouldn't count this a total miss however.



5. Nails

The new Essie Gel Couture ($11.50 per bottle) line is a must have and maybe my favorite new product addition of the season. Unlike the regular formula, this one truly stays put for at least 7-10 days and does not chip.  Try 'Model Chicks' or 'Spiked with Style' for the perfect deep fall plum/burgundy.

Any new fall must-haves that should be on the radar?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great round-up! I prefer OPI when it comes to polish, but I may have to give Essie another go.

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips