April 28, 2017

Thoughts on a Friday




My older son is turning 6 in a few weeks, and while people tell me how fast it goes, I'm not sure it feels speedy but it still feels rather incredible that we have managed to feed, clothe, care for, and keep alive another human for 6 years.

Having a second child has filled my soul with so much joy that I cant begin to memorialize it in words. The only rub of sadness comes when I think of my dad, and how he will never meet Wells. This realization feels like a ragged edge of an opened soup can in my chest.

I bought and assembled a 5 piece patio set this week, consisting of an entire outdoor sofa, side chairs, and table. It brought me immense satisfaction, but cost me a manicure and crippling back pain eased only with an extra glass of wine.

Baby Wells slept in his crib for 5 out of 10 of his sleeping hours, 3 nights in a row, and it feels like a victory. But then last night I missed his small head resting on my arm, and decided that not every baby really needs to sleep in a crib all the time.

The only way I could motivate myself to use the gym this past week was with a new Lululemon jacket. We all have our weaknesses.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Glad it was a pretty good week for you. Hope you have a great weekend!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    I love reading about how much you are enjoying your little Wells. Know that your Dad is watching over you and loving everything he sees...
    You do him proud.
    Demie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips