September 21, 2017

Autumn Accents

Autumn Accents



I love to add seasonal decor elements to the house, but I'm not into large scale, overtly 'holiday' themed merchandise (the kind that lights up and blares a song at you when you walk past, and is more reminiscent of a trip to Chuck E Cheese than anything else). I also don't want to spend a bundle on things that are on display for a few weeks out of the year. 

My 6 year old shares his mother's home decor genes, and loves to accompany me to Pier 1, Michael's and my other top stops for choosing (tasteful, budget-friendly) seasonal items. A few new candles in subtle fall scents set the mood (I love this one from Pier 1), and swapping my summer silver and white vases for some deeper, golden tones is a nice start. Sunflowers are an amazing and local choice for me, and another convenient excuse to hit the farm stand on my lunch jog with Wells. Adding a throw pillow cover in fall hues is simple and wallet-friendly, and easy enough to do in one main living space.

And there is no such thing as too much pumpkin!

1 comment:

  1. These are such cute picks! I love pumpkins and the one you selected is perfect. I might have to opt for one like that this year!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips